Date Posted: September 08, 2016
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 3735
Our Boston, MA client is searching for a Sr. Network Engineer!
The right person for this position will be working specifically on Cisco WiFi hardware configuration tasks and this will include unboxing the new Access Points (AP’s), setting up the new AP’s in our Staging Area, configuring the AP’s so that they receive an IP Address, downloading new Software compatible with the Wireless Controllers, recording the MAC Addresses for Security to be used for the DHCP Server, Labeling the AP’s with correct location. The contractor will also need to box the AP’s back up and get them ready for pickup from the Wireless Vendor Integrator to be deployed in the field. Other responsibilities will include performing adhoc Network Engineering tasks as needed by the Manager of Enterprise Communications as well as fill in as an additional resource on other high priority Network Engineering Projects.
- Expertise with configuring Cisco Wireless Access Points, Cisco Wireless Controllers and Cisco Prime.
- Preferred expertise with Cisco Networking, including WAN deployments, routing, routing protocols, QoS, TCP/IP and the ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN network engineering technologies including routers, enterprise class switches, and load balancers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, installing, and supporting complex Wireless networks utilizing Cisco Systems hardware.
- Preferred formalize Cisco Wireless training.
- Understanding of LAN Switching (L2 -L3) including VLANs, Private VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel, VTP, and Spanning Tree.
- Network documentation including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Visio.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.