Date Posted: August 25, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4015
Our Boston client is seeking to hire a UX Designer on their team.
This resource will be responsible for leading UX and UI design efforts, creating prototypes and wireframes, refining and updating our design system and component library, facilitating user research sessions, and developing product requirements, with a focus on the current redesign of the primary website.. For this particular role, we are looking for a research-focused designer with strong interaction design fundamentals.
- Create wireframes and prototypes to support development of websites, page templates and Drupal content types, and web and mobile applications
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, and usability testing
- Plan and implement acceptance and usability testing sessions with key internal stakeholders and external product users
- Create user experience and information architecture guidelines and documentation
- Work closely with product management, content editors and strategists, and internal stakeholders to gather and develop product requirements
- Lead collaboration between front-end development and product design teams
- At least 5 years of experience in a user experience, interaction design, visual design, or usability role
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in design, usability, fine art, or a related field strongly preferred
- Expertise in performing exploratory, generative, and evaluative research with both end users and internal stakeholders
- Expertise conducting field and remote qualitative research and usability testing exercises
- Experience in design tools like Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Solid understanding of accessible design principles and Section 508 compliance
- Effective communicator and presenter
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with Drupal and/or experience working on enterprise web sites or applications a strong plus
- Please include a link to candidate work portfolio in the submittal email/resume.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.