Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4306
Our Boston client is looking for a Technical Writer.
Inpersn interview is required.
Engagement Length: 2 months
Renewable: _Yes__ (Yes or No)
Rate Card Title from the Rate Card #6 posted on COMMBUYS: Technical Writer
The technical writer will be responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of IT Operations and MassDOT.
- Work with IT Operations (Desktop, Server and Network Teams) to obtain an understanding of products and the documentation requirements.
- Document process workflows and update existing ones as needed.
- Update and improve on existing documents as needed and work with subject matter experts to document new processes, work instructions, knowledge base articles or other documentation.
- Edit technical specifications and requirements to improve quality and clarity of the documentation
- Ensure technical information is well structured and flows well through documents
- Determine any duplication and/or what documents can be combined.
- Create user documentation for a variety of systems, including how-to guides and instruction manual for various audience comprehension
- Understanding of IT Software & Technologies
- MS Office Suite, with advanced Microsoft Word skills, including styles, multilevel lists, tables, indents, spacing, pagination, pictures, table of contents, etc.
- Experience mapping processes using Visio or similar tools
- Proficiency in image-capture software, such as SnagIt
- Experience with ServiceNow Knowledge Base module
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.