Date Posted: July 12, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 3965
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER WITH ETL DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT EXPERIENCE!!
IN PERSON INTERVIEW IN BOSTON IS REQUIRED. DO NOT SEND ANYONE WHO CANNOT ATTEND IN PERSON.
NO PHONE CALLS. C2C OK. LOCATION IS BOSTON, MA.
Send resumes with rate, location, first/last name and contact info.
Our Boston Client is seeking a Technical Project Manager to oversee a multi person engagement team responsible for delivering enhancements to our current enterprise Data System
In this role you will:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Assist in the development of functional requirements
- define technical solutions based on functional requirements for each project;
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Responsible to manage projects through the application of generally accepted project management principles, based in PMI disciplines
- Responsible to manage the project scope, including the creation of quality business requirements, Responsible to manage the project budget, including assistance with the business case, project estimates, and management to the approved spend
- Experience leading a development team to deliver software applications
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience with ETL development
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- 5+ years experience managing Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) environments, including experience with database design, data modeler, administration and optimization;
- experience in developing data conversions, interfaces, complex reports/extracts, and workflow;
- desire to play a significant hands-on role in the development and implementation of an educational data warehouse solution;
- experience with data warehouse tools, particularly IBM/Cognos,
- Proven comprehension of analytic technology and ability to speak and understand in technical terms
- Experience working in Scrum or Agile environments
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to apply project management knowledge to real world scenarios.
- Experience delivering large complex data solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills Minimum of seven years of Project Manager experience leading technology software development projects in large, complex development environments with multiple types of development platforms Awareness of PMI, CMM and Six Sigma Methodologies and Standards
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- 3+ years experience in system/software solution development and delivery
- Experience working in State or Federal Government and working knowledge of contracting, funding, etc.
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Experience in application development, systems administration/engineering or other technical discipline
- PMP certification is a plus
Send resumes with rate, location, first/last name and contact info to firstname.lastname@example.org!