Date Posted: May 17, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 3912
Our Boston, MA client is searching for a Sr. Systems Admin to help support their daily operation (2 data centers, 80 station locations and 50 users) in a 24/7 environment and will assist Project Managers as needed.
The selected candidate will:
- Ensure maximum up time availability of all field devices by responding to and addressing tickets in Service Now. Rectify issues either remotely thru Bomgar or at various station and garage locations which will require excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Support AFC hardware (such as workstations, encoding equipment, handheld validators) and software for AFC equipment at third-party vendor locations.
- Monitor, support and maintain hardware and software for Windows-based servers, including preventative maintenance, security patches and other system updates.
- Must have extensive experience with system security requirements and server hardening practices including Bit9/Carbon Black. Verify agents are effectively communicating and address issues that have been white listed.
- Manage group policy, active directory and user accounts
- Manage test lab including scheduling resources, coordinating testing of releases, upgrading hardware, and other activity related to fare collection production environment
- Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of Windows systems (Windows XP and Windows 2003). Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, firmware upgrades, and patch management for Windows operating systems.
- Monitor and manage a custom fare collection application and complete monthly tasks such as file imports, processing shift event files and purging in a time sensitive manner.
- Maintain a PCI compliant environment. Review monthly scan results, determine remedy, test impact and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Support corporate system audits by maintaining accurate, comprehensive documentation and provide timely responses to requests. Support Change Management process by adhering to guidelines and by providing concise documentation.
- Thorough understanding and experience with WSUS.
- Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP and LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Understanding of Oracle database and/or Oracle Linux system management.
- Experience using monitoring tools such as PROCMON, Landsweeper and Wireshark
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to document processes so they are repeatable.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field. Minimum ten (10) years of experience with information technology systems including 5+ years of production Windows Operating System support.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, multi-tasking and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must pass a background screening.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.