Date Posted: September 20, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4044
Our Boston client is hiring a Cisco WIFI Engineer on a contract basis.
This contractor will be working specifically on Cisco WiFi hardware and software. His main role and responsibility will be to work in an operational role supporting any and all WIFI hardware and software along with any hand held device issues. The contractor will also be responsible for administering our PRIME application, which will include setting up of alerts, maintaining the integrity of all data that is in PRIME as well as work on reporting, and outages
There could also be some setting up of new AP’s in our Staging Area, configuring the AP’s so that they receive an IP Address, downloading new Software compatible with the Wireless Controllers, recording the MAC Addresses for Security to be used for the DHCP Server, Labeling the AP’s with correct location. The contractor will also be responsible for adding new heat maps into Cisco Prime, loading AP’s into Prime and taking care of Rogue AP’s. Additionally this contractor will perform operational troubleshooting strictly for W-Fi.
- Expertise with configuring Cisco Wireless Access Points (AP’s), Cisco Wireless Controllers and Cisco Prime.
- Experience with Cisco ICE
- Expertise with adding heat maps, AP’s and switches into Cisco Prime.
- Expert troubleshooting skills specifically with Enterprise Wi-Fi deployments.
- Strong operational support on a daily and weekly basis.
- Expertise in deploying Cisco Wireless, Controllers, and AP’s and switches.
- Preferred expertise with Cisco Networking, including WAN deployments, routing, routing protocols, QoS, TCP/IP and the ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN network engineering technologies including routers, enterprise class switches, and load balancers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, installing, and supporting complex Wireless networks utilizing Cisco Systems hardware.
- Preferred formalize Cisco Wireless training.
- Understanding of LAN Switching (L2 -L3) including VLANs, Private VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel, VTP, and Spanning Tree.
- Network documentation including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Visio.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.