Date Posted: August 15, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4004
Web Software Developer – Senior
As a Senior Web Developer, will be working in a collaborative environment with product managers, business analysts, UX designers, and front-end developers to help transform the way that the state government interacts with the public. You’ll be responsible for Drupal development and architecture on the client's primary constituent website, it’s open-source fork, as well as collaborating with front-end engineers and designers on the client's front-end component library. This resource will lead collaboration with internal and external hosting and support teams, as well as coaching and mentoring our internal team of engineers.
- Write high-quality code to deliver web applications in an agile environment, including participation in weekly planning sessions and daily stand-ups
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, front-end developers, operations/hosting, security, content teams and more from design through implementation and remediation within Drupal
- Follow best practices for data security, application security, and documentation
- Mentor other developers to help them write high-quality code and solve business problems with technology
- Perform development of complex Drupal functionality that require architect level skills
- Troubleshoot uptime, performance or security problems
- Participate in release/deployment planning and execution activities
- Significant experience developing websites in Drupal.
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Experience using Git version control
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Effective communicator and presenter
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, web development, or a related field strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in Drupal website development including multiple projects
- Experience designing and building enterprise-scale Drupal sites in a collaborative, team environment
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with common Drupal modules in D7 and D8
- Experience hosting Drupal sites with Acquia’s hosting environment desirable
- Solid understanding of accessible design principles and Section 508 compliance
Please include a list of projects you have worked on including the role you played; your main responsibilities; length of assignment; and a link to code samples, GitHub repos, CodePens, or other technical documentation
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.