Date Posted: February 15, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4178
Our Boston client is looking for a Procurement/Contract Manager on a contract basis – Local Candidates Only!!
The Procurement/Contracts Manager (PCM) supports the delivery of various HIX projects.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to drafting schedules and assignments, scheduling and facilitating meetings (including live-scribe sessions), drafting document artifacts (in conjunction with a technical writer), compiling and editing drafts from other contributors, and related activities, including administrative tasks. The PCM ensures that project team members’ roles and responsibilities are defined, and collaborates closely with agency Legal and Procurement staff to ensure compliance with established workflows, policies, and procedure. The PCM will engage business and technical users in the development and evaluation of bid responses. The PCM will also support MaHIX Program leadership by tracking and documenting progress of procurement activities and perform other contractsprocurement administrative tasks (as required).
Serve as the key point of contact for procurement activities.
- Ensure compliance with client's policies and procedures in processing procurement requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed.
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings and working sessions.
- Developing and managing project plans for assigned solicitations
- Coordinate and collaborate with Program staff and staff from multiple agencies
- Collaborate with internal Legal staff as needed.
- Serves as liaison between project staff and internal audiences on matters related to procurement.
- Manage and communicate issues and risks associated with procurement activities to the Senior Procurement/Contract Manager and Program leadership
- Ensure all procurement artifacts are properly archived entered into agency databases and securely maintained.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field with a minimum of 5 years of procurement experience.
- Relevant experience in an IT setting or with an IT focus.
- Experience with public-sector contracts or procurements preferred.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and administering complex solicitations, and agreements.
- An ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Measurable accomplishments and experience in a strategic procurement role to include risk assessments, process management, and vendor selection.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Produce clear documentation geared to all audiences.
- Ability to produce periodic leadership facing summarized progress reports highlighting status, issues, risks, decision points, options, etc.
- Solid project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Strong analytical problem solving aptitude and financial acumen.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office products: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and HP ALM a plus.
Please submit your application/resume to email@example.com.