Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4292
Senior Technical Project Manager
Our Boston client is seeking a self-motivated, highly skilled Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) to provide leadership and “hands-on” support in order to recover a complex project over the next twelve months. The role requires the ability to establish a framework to effectively manage vendors and stakeholders and engage executives to drive the project within schedule and budget. This individual will work as part of the IT PMO and interact with all levels of the organization across multiple technical and business functions. The STPM must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in a large, multi-dimensional environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Must have a proven track record of recovering and driving high-level strategic initiatives and the desire get into the details, dig in and get the job done.
Core Skills and Background
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or alternative degree with relevant work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years project management experience.
- Proven track record of managing large, complex, technical implementations with experience in project recovery.
- Proven experience in vendor management in a large, complex project.
- Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder’s expectations and consistently deliver functionality over time.
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall Methodologies and working through the entire system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to deliver Project Plan, Risk log, Issues log, Status reports, Resource Plans, project team meetings and other project related activities in collaboration with technology management and the IT PMO.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present/participate in executive meetings to discuss project status and drive decision making in order to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Experience within government a plus.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.