Date Posted: July 31, 2017
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 3986
Our Northshore client is in need of a Networking Project Manager to add to their full time staff.
The Project Manager – Networking is responsible for supporting the company’s voice and data communications systems. The Networking group strives to provide all approved users with uninterrupted access to all network resources at all of our client's locations as well as remotely through VPN. This access is achieved through management of the voice, wired, WiFi and Mobile Broadband networks.
Problems and Challenges
The Project Manager Networking will be responsible for our client's complex, state-of-the-art SD_WAN, Local Area Networking and voice communication network that will be rapidly changing to support the enterprise’s growth and development of new business opportunities. The Project Manager is challenged with proving a secure voice and data network environment that is reliable, flexible, and cost effective, while provide excellent customer service to all personal.
Essential Position Functions
1. Manage team of 7, who is responsible for the 24X7 operation of the company's Voice and Data Network
2. Responsible for all Voice, LAN, WLAN and WAN equipment, including management, setup and support.
3. Responsible the companies Cisco VOIP system including management, setup and support.
4. Responsible for hardware and software firewalls, IDS and Load. Balancers
5. Define strategy and roadmap for company's Voice and Data Network.
6. Monitors WAN for outage and work with vendors to resolve all issues.
7. Work on vendor RFP and analyzes vendor proposals.
8. Work with Vendors to add and remove data services.
9. Monitor and provide KPI for the data and voice networks.
Direct management responsibilities for staff including selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations. Provide guidance, frequent feedback and coaching. Administer disciplinary actions when necessary.
1. 3+ years’ experience as a IT Networking Manager
2. 7+ years’ experience with wide and local area networks administration supporting Cisco hardware.
3. Strong Customer focus with the ability to communicate effectively within the organization and with vendors.
4. CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP preferred
5. Software define network experience is a plus
6. Bachelor degree preferred
7. This position is on call 7x24x365
Please send your updated resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.