Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4246
Our Boston client is looking for a local Oracle DBA on a contract basis.
- Install, configure, upgrade and maintain Oracle databases on Windows platform
- Administer database users, manage database objects, and configure Oracle client network
- Perform logical and physical database design
- Monitor and maintain database security
- Perform database monitoring and tuning
- Perform database refreshes and promote changes to production
- Review, design and develop data models with application development teams
- Provide support and consultation to the application development team in all database related areas including table and index design and creation and SQL tuning
- Utilize database management tools, such as EM Cloud Control
- Troubleshoot and correct database issues in an efficient and timely manner
- Perform back up and recovery on Oracle databases using methods such as scripts, RMAN and exports.
- Familiarity with third party Backup tools like EMC-Avamar is desired
- Create and support all nightly database maintenance and administration jobs
- Proactively monitor databases and identify potential problems
- Provide support and assist with patching and data migration procedures
- Enforce all database architecture and relevant procedures according to established policies
- 5+ years Database Administration experience.
- Should have experience in test, development and production instances.
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle 12C or newer versions versions
- Ability to manage performance monitoring and necessary adjustments
- Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios and backup tools
- A highly self-motivated individual who has the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically with technical vision
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.