Date Posted: December 06, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4119
Our Boston Client is looking for a Converged Network Engineer on a contract basis.
- Planning: Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Network System Design and Implementation: Designs and implements network systems.
- Configuration and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls. Additional knowledge as well with configuring Brocade and HP network devices (or just switches).
- Able to implement projects plans as assigned by the Network and Telecommunications Manager, deliver progress reports, identify and communicate impediments, and provide clear and concise documentation on completion.
- Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Network Installation: Plans and monitors the installation of network systems.
- Network Monitoring: Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots diagnoses and resolves network problems. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Capacity Planning: Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies. Develops capacity planning models.
- Disaster Recovery: Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Network Performance Assessment: Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Vendor Management: Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as, Splunk, Lansweeper, Wireshark, sflow, Numera, Zenoss, NMAP, SNMP and Syslog.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with secretariat agencies staff and EOEEA staff.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide the explanation of technology for nontechnical managers, directors and above. Great people skills are a must!
- Emergency repair situations require engineers who can think and act quickly to solve problems.
- Analyze service desk requests and handle them as appropriate.
- Maintain communication with Service Desk to resolve network or telecommunication problems.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders, technical support staff and project teams.
- A BS/MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of six years to ten years of relevant IT work experience.
- CCNP or CCVP Certifications.
- Knowledge of Cisco SRND/SAFE and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and other open source software to include BIND and Nessus
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Ability to work in team environment as well as individual with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. MDS switching infrastructure, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
- Experience with Cisco VoIP, including Call Manager 6.X, Unity, and Contact Center. Knowledge of voice TDM technologies is also very useful.
- Experience with Avaya systems, Mitel systems and variety of Nortel systems.
- Experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: 1900series, 2900 series, 3500 series, 5400 series, 7600 series.
- Experience with Brocade enterprise grade products to include: ICX 6450’s
- Experience with HP enterprise grade products to include: C7000
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF, Spanning-tree, VRRP, LAG, VLANS, SIP, H.323, PRI, EVPL, MPLS, PIP.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.