Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 3987
One of our clients' in Maine is seeking to hire an IT Support Specialist who will report directly to the IT Manager and will assist with all aspects of the IT infrastructure and end user support.
Responsibilities include all items related to the overall performance of the electronic networks for the client and its properties; assisting with fulfilling the organization’s information systems requirements and working as the liaison for all systems software functionality.
Duties include but are not limited to all soft-ware related set-up and functionality and related training and problem solving. Must have knowledge of both PC and Mac related products, Outlook, Apple ID, google drive and google calendars functionality. Must be able to identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in a timely manner, have a strong attention to detail and ability to follow through, as well as excellent communication skills.
In season must be available during peak times, especially show times and on-call nights, weekends and holidays as needed for emergencies when systems/software fail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for all PC desktops, laptops, Macs, printers, phones, POS systems, projectors and copy machines
- Liaison between staff and all systems software functionality
- New employee/user computer set-up and IT onboarding including map printers, network setup, back-up files, logins, passwords, etc.
- Set up mobile devices used within organization: contact sync, Outlook, apple Id, google drive, and google calendars
- Provide support for projector setup and conference calling services.
- Provide training on all hardware, software and services as needed, follow-up to ensure proper usage and understanding
- Work with each department head/staff to determine best functionality for dept.
- Oversees and responds to help desk requests in a timely fashion
- Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Escalates problems in a timely manner as needed to the IT Manager
- Communicates effectively with staff to identify needs and to evaluate alternative business solutions
- Liaison between IP PBX phone system tech support and staff/Box Office
- Ability to troubleshoot phone system problems
- Keep the BO phones operational at all times
- Provide support for IP PBX phone system
- Provide support for cell phones from set up to trouble shooting
- Assists IT Manager with:
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Developing and maintaining all IT hardware and software asset inventory lists
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and software applications
- New application roll-out support
- Network and system troubleshooting
- Hardware maintenance and upgrades
- Antivirus management and support
- Anticipating future needs of the company
- File permissions and file sharing
- Networking (multiple) for theatre
Qualifications, knowledge, and skills:
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and services such as DNS, DHCP and AD
- Experience with firewalls, VPN’s, Wi-Fi, LAN, WAN, VMware, Veeam and SAN
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Proficient with MS Office 2010
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS
- Desired working knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks, POS and G Suite
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter and reliable. Able to function well in a team environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Certifications are a plus such as MCSA, MCSE, Network+ or A+
- Knowledge of theatre networking/IT operations a plus
Please submit resumes at email@example.com.