Date Posted: July 31, 2017
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 3985
Our direct Boston-area client is seeking a Sr. Hyper-V System Administrator for an excellent FULL TIME opportunity! NO C2C AVAILABLE.
The System Administrator is responsible for maintaining, monitoring and securing all of the Client's servers. These servers support all of the company’s applications and locations. The System Administrator is also responsible for technical supports the applications that reside on the servers and the monitoring tools used to monitor the servers. This includes installations and upgrades. The System Administrator is a key technical resource for other IT Staff members, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
Problems and Challenges
The System Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of the server environment and monitoring tools. The System Administrator will be tasked with multiple projects while ensuring that servers are up and secure.
Essential Position Functions
1. Maintain all Hyper-V and physical servers to company specifications.
2. Build new Hyper-V clusters and virtual servers as needed.
3. Administer Veeam for all virtual server backups.
4. Administer NAS Storage for Veeam backups.
5. Administer Microsoft SQL Servers.
6. Administer Microsoft IIS Web Servers and the Applications they support.
7. Administer Monitoring tools like Extrahop and Splunk.
8. Apply security patches to servers, utilizing IBM End Point Manager (BigFix).
9. Install, upgrade and maintain applications residing on servers.
10. Troubleshoot all application, hardware and software issues.
11. Support the Polycom Video Conferencing system.
12. Upgrade switches, servers, PC’s and switches at the field locations.
13. Monitor systems for possible issues utilize the server management tools.
14. Support IBM Domino Systems Application Servers.
15. 3rd level support for all technical issues.
16. Work on Projects as assigned.
1. 3+ years supporting Windows systems.
2. 3+ years supporting Hyper-V virtualization.
3. Experience with Veeam Backup Software
4. Experience Splunk a plus.
5. Experience in a NOC is a plus.
6. Ability to remotely diagnose system issues.
7. Ability to multi-tasks, handling ongoing projects and support issues.
8. Experience support corporate email systems.
9. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
10. Ability to independently research and learn new technologies.
11. Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
12. Position is an on-call position.
SEND RESUMES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND CURRENT LOCATION TO JEMMONS@PEOPLESERVEINC.COM!