Date Posted: July 24, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 3976
Our Boston client is seeking a Network Security Engineer/Architect. This person will work closely with technical and business professionals to review designs and test firewall rule settings as well as provide troubleshooting expertise during incident response.
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Enterprise Network and Security Technologies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of Secure System Design and Firewall Administration
- Extensive knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS (HIDS, NIDS, NIPS, HIPS) methodologies and concepts.
- Be familiar with Security standards such as HIPAA, NIST, FISMA, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience evaluating, designing, testing and supporting hardware and software based security
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Network Communications principals, technologies and systems
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Network Operating systems
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Desktop Operating systems
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and other Web technologies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Client Server technologies and software
- Experience with Amazon AWS, EC2, S3 or Azure and continuous deployment and delivery
- Ability to understand Internet Web Server software
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying applicable policies and procedures.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of network and application protocols
- Ability to deal with multiple levels of detail, depending on the requirements of specific projects
- Ability to understand and follow sometimes-complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to make periodic oral and written reports on the status of work being performed.
- Proven ability in technical needs assessment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to perform related duties, as required.
Top Three Technical Requirements:
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills and possess self-starter characteristics
- Hands-on experience with leading vendor security products (i.e. Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper, PaloAlto, etc).
- Experience with Amazon AWS, EC2, S3 or Azure and continuous deployment and delivery.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.