Date Posted: February 20, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4187
ETL Data Analyst
Our Boston client is looking for a ETL/DATA Analyst local to MA. This is a contract opportunity for 6-9 months.
This position reports directly to Applications Manager and the IT Program Manager.
- Research, analyze, document, and maintain internal Applications and Database architectures
- Assist with RICE (Reports, Integrations, Conversions, and Enhancements) through the use of current tools.
- Develop work plans, schedules, and manage to target deadlines on short term and long term initiatives
- Provide technical assistance and information to technical and non-technical users
- Responsible for running monthly reports, managing data extracts/imports, and provide data quality verification
- Continually look for opportunities to improve and automate current processes.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to department policies, guidelines and objectives.
- Collaborate across multiple teams including research, architecture, design, development and support teams..
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain the businesses critical systems, maintaining at all times the proper data security standards set forth by the organization.
- Provide tier-3 support, which may include problem definition, solution design, business continuity, backup and restore requirements resolve complex system issues and incidents escalated from lower support tiers.
- Provide SQL development and coding (PLSQL,TSQL) for internal projects and teach/mentor other team members.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases and their native utilities (Query Analyzer, Analytical Workbench, Etc.)
- Advanced SQL query-writing skills, Linux/Unix scripting, and automated job scheduling
- Experience in ETL Development using standard tools like SSIS, SSAS, or other ETL Solutions
- Knowledge of file and file transmission protocols (SFTP, Web Services, XML, Flat File)
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and ODBC, JDBC connectivity as it relates to user based connectivity
- Knowledge of Applications Security including Authentication and Role Based Access Control within the DB
- Strong Data Modeling and Database Design experience
- Strong adherence to source control, version management, or Configuration management practices
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (Clearly and Succinctly)
- Experienced in providing ongoing maintenance and support of IT systems and User communities
- Capable of working independently or as part of a large team.
- Experience in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- SQL Development – ability to write, review and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- T-SQL, sqlcmd, bcp, sqldiag, tablediff and other programing and diagnostics – Expert level knowledge/experience
- Understanding of Data encryption, TDE, and key management – Intermediate level knowledge/experience
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of Database server administration and in virtual environments.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of Database native tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Working knowledge of other advanced ETL tools are preferred but not required (Informatica, Pentaho Data Integrator, DataStage, Oracle Data Integrator/Data Warehouse Builder, CloverETL, Talend etc.).
- Working knowledge Database Error and Exception Handling.
- Knowledge of J2EE/Web/Application server and troubleshooting application/server logs.
- 4-8 years of experience developing PL/SQL code and install/implement on production environments.
- 5+ years of experience in database administration, SQL tuning, expdp/impdp, SQL loader, Erwin/Data modeler, OEM and ADDM/AWR generation.
- 3+ years of experience in database parameter tuning, data guard and golden gate.
- 3+ years of experience in working on UNIX database servers.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.