Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4408
Our Boston client is looking for a Enterprise Cloud Architect on a contract basis.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect (ECA) is expected to have strong general expertise in information technology architecture including but not limited to server, storage, database, virtualization, network, middleware, security, authentication/authorization, and disaster recovery. The ECA should also have a solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including the ability to architect and implement environments within AWS frameworks.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Provide technical architecture designs and implementations for information technology solutions hosted in AWS and on premises. This includes new solutions and environments, enhancements to existing, as well as complete re-architecture of existing solutions/environments.
- Collect and analyze business and technical requirements for the purpose of translating them into information technology solutions. Detail and document the logical and physical designs as per the EOTSS methodologies, policies, standards, and patterns. Conduct design walk-throughs for review and sign-off.
- Be proficient in scripting. Preferably in Python and YAML or JSON.
- Lead or participate in defining the EOTSS Technology Roadmap. Lead or assist in definition and management of standards, guidelines, and processes for infrastructure technology and software development.
- Collaborate with stake-holders to conduct and demonstrate proof-of-concepts for new products and architectures.
- Lead or participate in writing of RFx (request for proposal, quotation, etc…) and SOW (statement of work) for infrastructure solutions.
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors on quotes for SaaS solutions, infrastructure hardware, software, and professional services.
- Perform capacity planning analysis, define requirements, and engineer cost-effective best of breed technology solutions.
- Stay engaged with multiple projects providing architectural design and implementation oversight.
- Lead and assist in developing cloud strategies including governance, technology roadmap, architecture, and migrations plans.
- Architect and assist in implementing all foundational services needed to run production ready AWS environments. Extensive experience with AWS technologies such as CloudFormation, RDS, EC2 Systems Manager, ELB, Auto scaling, Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, and CloudTrail.
- Must have experience in architecting and deploying production ready environments in AWS that communicate with environments that run in on premises data centers.
- 10 plus years of infrastructure support in mixed Windows/Linux and Microsoft SQL/Oracle environments highly preferred.
- Network routing and firewall management knowledge is helpful.
- Proficient in a scripting language. Preferably Python or JSON.
- Must have strong presentation skills including the ability to present technical architecture designs to Executive Management as well as technical peers.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.