Date Posted: May 02, 2016
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 3613
We are seeking a strong, knowledgeable Development Operations (DevOps) – Automation Engineer (DAE) to provide design, development and deployment of production systems automation.
THIS IS A FULL TIME ROLE WITH OUTSTANDING BENEFITS!
The Client seeks an experienced, energetic, engaging and visionary leader who wants to become part of an exciting, vibrant community of information technology professionals!
This role provides development and implementation of infrastructure services, facilitates security processes, supports IT governance, and promotes best practices. The complexity of this position requires a highly collaborative approach that is engaging, imaginative, and highly execution oriented, with an ability to work with other engineers to solve infrastructure pattern deployment challenges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Requirements (all focused on “hands-on” experience):
- 3+ years’ experience with building RPMs for custom software deployments
- 1-3 years’ experience with Jenkins/Hudson/rundeck.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Linux/Unix Administration
- 5+ years’ experience in general Linux usage
- 1-3 years’ experience with configuration management (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)
- 3+ years’ experience working with at least 3 open source technology projects
- 1-3 years’ experience with AWS running production environments is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
- 1-3 years’ experience with code and script development (PHP, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- 3-5 years’ experience managing and supporting TCP/IP networking and security.
- Responsible for the deployment and management of the company's infrastructure services / deployment patterns in support of development, pre-production, and production environments.
- Provide counsel to IT management.
- Work closely with IT management, and the greater user community in defining objectives for infrastructure and production operations, while building relationships and goodwill.
- Manage relevant and consistent information technology governance processes.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI) / metrics, reporting mechanisms, and co-create maturity models, with IT management as part of a roadmap for continual program improvements.
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting the organization
- Engage in professional development to maintain growth in professional skills and knowledge.
- Mentor the Infrastructure team members and direct the implementation of professional development.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Compliance and Audit
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected data and ensure alignment with relevant guidance from IT management.
- Assist in the efforts to internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the controls for the company's information and technology systems.
- Assist in all information technology infrastructure related audits of the firm including supplying necessary materials, conducting interviews, review findings, agreed upon responses and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the AVP, IT Governance to create a full suite of IT controls, processes and procedures in line with guidance from NIST, ISACA and CSA standards.
Education and Training
- Work closely with IT teams, technical experts, and administrative leaders across the organization on production-related issues that require an in-depth understanding of the environment.
- Assist in the creation of education and awareness courses for tactical team members on production automation, DevOps, best practices, and vulnerabilities.
- Keep abreast of production incidents and act as a team member during remediation activities.
- Co-develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.
- Examine impacts of new technologies on the firm’s overall infrastructure footprint; establish processes to review implementation of new technologies to ensure compliance and maintaining agility with market trends.
If you're interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications above, email firstname.lastname@example.org along with resume, location and salary!