Date Posted: January 24, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4152
Our Boston client is looking for a seasoned Data Architect that would provide strategic level technical leadership for the data architecture and must be able to perform hands on analysis and modeling. He or she must clearly understand business objectives, translate them into data models and communicate these data models to business and technical stakeholders verbally, in writing, and electronically.
Strategy & Planning
1. Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders
2. Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization
3. Oversight of design implementation, providing assurance that key requirements are preserved and those gaps are understood and communicated to stakeholders as appropriate.
4. Ensures design governance across projects, applications and infrastructure.
5. Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap
6. Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity
7. Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement
8. Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
9. Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance
10. Ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g., P20 data warehouse, Common Core standards, etc.) from the data architecture, standards, and quality perspective
Education and Experience Level
- Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping, tools, data profiling tools, and data and information system life cycle methodologies
- 7 or more years of data or information architecture experience, preferably in an education environment
- 5 years of work experience with data architecting, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support
- Strong understanding of relational, dimensional and object-oriented data structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with dimensional modeling and architecture experience implementing proper data structures for analytical reporting from an enterprise data warehouse.
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements and the ability to present ideas to various audiences in user-friendly language
- Proven project management experience
- Strong familiarity with master data and metadata management and associated processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration
- Experience with Oracle ODI, Oracle Profiling and data quality
- Understanding of Education Data standards
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (FERPA)
- Technical leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata a plus.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.