Date Posted: February 12, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4174
Our Boston client is seeking to hire a Data Architect/SQL DBA on a contract basis.
- At least 10 years database and/or programming experience
- Experience in design and support/administration in Windows Server platform (2003 and up) used for SQL applications.
- Experience working with load balancing technologies and large-scale web server farms
- Experience in maintaining SQL Server 2008+.
- Experience in server upgrades particularly 2008 to 2014 (standard vs. enterprise)
- Experience in maintaining SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience in maintaining/configuring SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in configuring SQL server for high availability.
- Solid understanding of SQL Security and encryption
- Experience performance tuning for high load scenarios.
- Must have strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and be an effective contributor in a diversified team.
- Experience with Healthcare systems, including but not limited to Meditech, EPIC, EMR, etc…
- Must have strong communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of analysis and design standards and techniques
- Broad knowledge of industry standards for data warehouse design
- Experience creating requirement documents
- Experience reviewing, developing and approving detailed design documents.
- Experience with ERD analysis tools and ETL data modeling tools
- Experience with providing query writing support and tuning expertise to end users
- Experience in documenting code and processes for distribution to interested parties
- Thorough knowledge of data warehouse principals and techniques
- Highly analytic, with the ability to independently analyze and design eligibility systems
- Experience in designing and building data structures from granular normalized transaction level to de-normalized data warehouse aggregations.
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required to support working in project environments that includes Business Unit and IT customers
- Solid oral and written presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of or desire to learn health care systems, policies and health care related data
- Experience developing SQL stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions – or similar tools using Oracle
- Advanced understanding of database design – relational integrity, normalization, star schema
- Working knowledge of at minimum SQL Server 2008 + tools – Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Reporting Services – or similar tools using Oracle
- Experience and expertise including development of business specifications and implementing into BI reporting products
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.