Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 3835
The candidate will work with the current Cognos applications and their future extensions that enable end-users to analyze a schools performance at multiple levels. The individual should be analytically oriented and be able to work as part of a small team. Cognos 10 is the standard BI tool. We plan to move to Cognos 11 in the future.
- Implement Cognos reports as defined by business users,
- Deliver, maintain, and troubleshoot as well as enhance BI functionality and apply the toolset for Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse solutions
- Performance tuning of Cognos reports
- Work with technical specifications and related documentation
- Data Warehouse and SQL knowledge (3-5 years of essential experience)
- Implementation of Cognos cubes
- Collaborates with business users and works well within a large team
- Develops, supports and implements Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, multi-dimensional cubes, and relational models as well as complex reports.
- Utilizes skills and business knowledge for the migration of applications to Dev, UAT and Production environment.
- 5+ years experience with all Cognos components and 1+ year as part of that with Cognos 10, including:
- Framework Manager
- Report Studio
- Strong SQL skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have a team player attitude.
- Proven experience working effectively with Business and IT partners.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal.
- Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective reporting solutions.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements and supports reporting solutions and enhancements.
- Creates and maintains documentation to support the full software development lifecycle
- Mentors others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.
- Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts.
- Effectively communicates with business partners, peers and management.
- Shape and enhance the Cognos technical design and development process
- Broad knowledge of IT systems, processes and controls
- Strong capabilities in analyzing data
- Public Education work experience
- Understanding of education data and/or terminology
- Understanding of Kimball methodology
- Experience with Cognos 11
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.