Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4207
Our client is looking for a Senior Cognos Developer. The individual should be analytically oriented and be able to work as part of a small team. Cognos 10 is the standard BI tool. We plan to move to Cognos 11 in the future.
1. Implement Cognos reports as defined by business users,
2. Deliver, maintain, and troubleshoot as well as enhance BI functionality and apply the toolset for Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse solutions
3. Performance tuning of Cognos reports
4. Work with technical specifications and related documentation
5. Data Warehouse and SQL knowledge (3-5 years of essential experience)
6. Implementation of Cognos cubes
7. Collaborates with business users and works well within a large team
8. Develops, supports and implements Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, multi-dimensional cubes, and relational models as well as complex reports.
9. Utilizes skills and business knowledge for the migration of applications to Dev, UAT and Production environment.
< >5+ years experience with all Cognos components and 1+ year as part of that with Cognos 10, including:Framework Manager Report StudioData visualization toolsExperience with Cognos 11 Strong SQL skillsBA/BS in Computer Science or related field.Must be organized and detail-oriented.Must have a team player attitude.Proven experience working effectively with Business and IT partners.Strong communication, both written and verbal.Participate in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost-effective reporting solutions.Designs, develops, tests, implements and supports reporting solutions and enhancements.Creates and maintains documentation to support the full software development lifecycleMentors others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts.Effectively communicates with business partners, peers, and management.Shape and enhance the Cognos technical design and development process
Please submit resume to email@example.com