Date Posted: May 26, 2016
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 3649
We are seeking a SENIOR Cisco Network Engineer for an outstanding FULL TIME role in Boston! Competitive salary, bonus and 401k plus paid time off!
Cisco and Juniper experience required. MUST be a team player and team-oriented.
Senior Network Engineer who will be a member of the Infrastructure team. This individual must be a strong team player and be willing to help all members of team within or outside their areas of responsibility.
This person will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the stability of local and global network systems including voice, data, and video. The position requires a person capable of managing the planning and design of network systems, ensuring optimal performance, and availability.
This individual will play a lead role in the design and build out of the LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructure in the firm’s new corporate headquarters building located in Boston, MA.
- Oversee LAN/WAN data communication responsibilities, which include the proper design, installation, and maintenance of network hardware.
- Analyze and monitor network activity to ensure optimal network performance.
- Collaborate across the functional teams of Network, Security, and Systems Engineering.
- Ensure the availability, compatibility, and efficiency of approved data and voice devices and circuits.
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
- Act as project lead within major infrastructure initiatives.
- Establish and manage relations with vendors and network equipment suppliers.
- Assure the timely diagnosis and repair of all network/telecommunication equipment.
- Maintain schematics of existing and future network connectivity; maintain documentation for cable plant and the global network.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and understanding of hardware, software, and networking components of LAN/WAN throughout a global infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience managing LAN/WAN, telecommunications technologies and protocols which includes TCP/IP, routers, and layer 3 switching.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Cisco Data Center Architecture including Nexus 9000 and Juniper EX4200 switches.
- Experience with Aruba and Cisco wireless networks required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience of responsibility managing Cisco Unified Communications (Call Manager, Unity, Contact Center Express).
- Experience with routine Cisco UC system administration tasks (OS and application patches, upgrades/backups of the voice environment, and end point moves/adds/changes).
- Demonstrates expertise with SIP, VOIP, Video, and QOS.
- Strong understanding of circuit configuration and troubleshooting of associated devices.
- Understanding of SAN Technologies (FC and iSCSI)
- Experience with Netscaler network and application load balancing.
Soft skills expected are:
- Adherence to the ITIL framework and IT governance standards including proper incident and change management.
- Work with little supervision and is self-motivated
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent written technical communications in document and email formats.
- Tenacious problem solver with a strong commitment to solving difficult problems.
- Experience with integration of vendor products into a complex corporate IT environment
- Mentor associate engineers, provide guidance, and insight.
- Financial service industry experience
- Experience with Solarwinds Network Traffic Analyzer
- Cisco routers and firewalls
- AWS networking
- Checkpoint security devices
- Unified Communications
- Cisco Jabber
Bachelor’s degree and more than 10 years of direct infrastructure and network engineering experience.
Cisco CCNP certification a plus
If you're interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements above, email email@example.com!