Date Posted: September 08, 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Job Id: 4021
Our Boston client is looking for a full stack C# developer. (Web UI, C# backend, SQL database development)
- Design and develop software systems, both independently and collaboratively with the rest of the team.
- Look for opportunities for reuse as part of solutions – either reuse of existing approaches and tools, or opportunities in this project to build components that can be a foundation for future work.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, and Traders in order to understand and refine requirements, and incorporate feedback into the development process.
- Manage technical debt, placing a high value on refactoring, collective code ownership, and improving the design of existing code.
- Looking for developers with experience in the following:
- Service Layer – Application developers should have experience using C#, with a solid track record in designing, building, and deploying applications to production environments. Ideally that reflects depth in creating well designed applications (layering, separation of concerns, SOLID design principles). Should have experience with building significant computational / logic oriented libraries, as well as creating interface layers using REST Web Services and providing access to backend data stores.
- Persistence Layer – Database developers should have demonstrated experience with relational database design, including data modeling and normalization. Should have experience with SQL Server as a database, programming experience using Transact-SQL, and knowledge of best practices for identifying and addressing performance considerations (indexing, efficient usage of SQL, etc). Exposure and familiarity with Hadoop and/or Data Virtualization are ideal.
- Ability and desire to collaborate, sketch and discuss designs at a whiteboard, engage in pair programming, ask for help before you need it, and openly share code, designs, and ideas.
- Experience with the following techniques, libraries, and tools are helpful:
- Agile Methodologies – any of Scrum, Kanban, and/or Lean
- Test driven development (TDD)
- Git, JIRA
- Overall 10+ years of software development experience
- Depending on role, one or more of the following
- 7-10 years of experience programming with C#
- 7-10 years of experience with SQL server
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to communicate with non-technical investment professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science strongly preferred.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.