Date Posted: October 27, 2017
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 4075
Our Boston, MA client is searching for a Business Applications Director to add to their permanent staff! The Business Applications Director manages our packaged and SaaS applications across our client’s value chain, creating value by ensuring that these systems function efficiently, continue to improve, and communicate with each other effectively. As key elements of this role, the Director consults with the executives responsible for the business units supported by these applications, serving as Product Manager to maintain a roadmap of upgrades, desired enhancements, and targeted integration points. The Director also documents and maintains business process flows in the “as is” and “to be” states, and creates rapid prototypes to address emerging business needs.
The Business Applications Director also is responsible or:
– Leveraging his/her software development background to create and own a strategy for integration of data flows across systems
– Supporting a master data model across our application suite
– Collaborating with other business groups (e.g., training, administrative support) to ensure efficient rollouts of new and upgraded applications
– Managing internal and external resources — including vendors — to achieve defined success metrics and timeframes
– Creating and managing a system backlog and prioritization process
– Identifying and mitigating risks proactively before they become serious issues
– Planning and managing budget and business cases to drive improvement
– 5+ years developing and/or managing business applications in a fast-moving business environment, including system deployments
– Software development skills to support rapid prototyping across multiple systems
– Experience with agile product management processes, ideally in a startup or early stage environment ? User or administrative experience with business applications in one or more of these areas: Marketing, Sales, Finance, Human Capital, Business Intelligence
– Solid written and verbal communication skills
– Professional certification with one or more business applications
– Ability to drive consensus for both problem definition and resolution
– Experience managing a small team
– Interest in mentoring less experienced personnel
– Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline
U. S. citizenship is required.
Please send your updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.