Posted by PeopleSERVE
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job Id: 4430
Boston, Massachusetts, United States · Engineering
Our client is looking for an experienced Android Engineer to join our small, collaborative team and help drive the future of Android and mobile development. This person will work in a highly visible role, developing new features across our current suite of apps and playing an essential role in new app development. The right candidate will have experience developing high-performance Android applications used by thousands or millions of people. Your insight will help determine architecture of our client's products and inform design decisions on apps with millions of users. As a small company with a suite of apps, our client deals with some very interesting challenges and is looking for someone who relishes that. They don’t claim to have everything figured out, and encourage their employees to share ideas about how we can improve our technology and products.
We value smarts, drive and a team spirit. Show us you've got all three! We'd love to see applicants with:
- 2+ years of Android or related software development experience
- Deep understanding of the Android platform and best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with team members from a variety of disciplines.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following libraries: Retrofit, Dagger2, mockito, and junit.
- Experience with testing and testable architectures such as MVP or MVVM
Nice to have:
- Gradle and CI
- Android NDK
- Libraries such as RxJava, Architecture Components, Room
From the client: We truly love what we do. We are a high-energy, innovative team that works hard and laughs a lot. Working with us is a chance to be a part of something big and we value our employees tremendously. In addition to a positive, healthy work environment, we provide:
- Unlimited vacation
- Tasty office snacks
- Flexible work schedule
- Two options for medical insurance coverage
- Employer contribution to 401k
- Terrific parental leave policy
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.